Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy place



             The birds chirping, the sound of grasshoppers, the noise of a roaring fire, early 

in the morning. The damp grass as cold as ice, making my feet wet. The smell of 

pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns in the air. The kids playing near the fire, 

roasting there marshmallows on a stick.  Sitting next to the fire, toasty, 

seeing the water gleam from the sun beating down on it. The fish splashing in the water 

causing it to move. The sound of the reeling fishing poles and excited kids. But i am still 

tired and so I return to my sleeping area. As I unzip to go inside my family calls out 

to me asking if i want to go swimming. I'll meet you over there I replied as I go in, and 

zip the door behind me. I lay back on the unconformable floor with a single pillow and 

a blanket. I recollect all that I saw and smile. I say to myself nature isn't going 

anywhere and I fall back to sleep. not knowing that today was the day we leave. I still 

had to pack everything and leave.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, look at the syllabus for the assignment for the blog reading responses. 5/20

    ReplyDelete